Saturday, July 7, 2012

What to Do With the Blog?

Hi hope I haven't lost my readership entirely.  I have not put up a blog since May 29.  I think that is the longest I've ever gone without posting something.  I'm struggling a bit with where to head with my writing.  I am giving serious thought to splitting up Across the Pond into two parts.  Keep Across the Pond as my travel, Stockholm, fun stuff in life blog and begin a new one that addresses the political, spiritual and serious life issues that I am also longing to get more involved with.  I'd like any feedback on this idea that readers have.  Would it increase my readership and more importantly, would it generate more comment?  I am interested in dialogue around political and spiritual issues but not quite sure how to generate that.  And I still want to write about life abroad, our travels, etc.  So, I'm pondering the following:
1.  If I have the drive and commitment to get serious about writing and
2.  If anyone would read both blogs!
So if you are a regular reader of Across the Pond, what do you think?
Also, I'm looking for a new blog name for the serious one.  Any suggestions are welcome.  If you've read this for any time, you should have figured out by now that I am an evangelical even though that term raises the hair on the backs of many people's necks and is so deeply tied to the right wing in the US that it doesn't really fit me since I am also a fairly liberal democrat.  I've thought about The Christian Democrats: Not Just A Political Party in Europe but it's kind of long and most Americans probably don't really have an understanding of political parties in Europe so the irony gets lost on them!  So I'd love for you to weigh in and let me know what your thoughts are.
And I'm hoping with this post to kick-start my creative writing juices once again.  Hope you're having a good summer (in spite of the extreme weather) or winter (if you are reading from Down Under!).

5 comments:

  1. I would definitely read both blogs! I find your political and social entries to very interesting and well written! I always have the difficulty of explaining here in the US that I'm kind of liberal but yet a Christian.
    Rebecka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hejsan Jodi. I regularly read your blog and love both sides of it - the political and the spiritual topics and the fun and travel posts. I would read both blogs, if you would have two of them. I am sorry to be such a lazy commentator, though. Hälsningar från Finland, Nelli - evangelical and probably liberal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rebecka and Nelli...I'm trying to figure out if I am going to get serious about my writing! Appreciate you checking in...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would read both blogs if you were to split them up. I haven't checked in that often, but it's nice to have some discussion about politics without all the vitriol that's so common today. :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jodi,

    am catching up on your blogs finally and hence the late answer. I would definitely read both-love your writing and find your political, spiritual, travel views/comments very interesting and thought provoking (not to mention very humorous at times too!!)

    :)Rhoda

    ReplyDelete