Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fresh Grapefruit

One of life's simple pleasures while we're here in Palm Springs during the winter is walking out my parent's backdoor and picking a grapefruit off their tree and eating it seconds later. So sweet, so juicy, so delicious. I think it's easy to appreciate the fact that we don't exactly get great grapefruit in Stockholm and on the rare occasion when we might see a fresh one in the store, the cost of it is like buying an ounce of gold.
It's a real treat to be in a place where fruit grows in the yard and you can eat as much of it as you want. My folks will end up giving loads of the fruit away as they can't eat the bounty that their tree yields. I'm doing my very best to cut into the crop during the days that we are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment