Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

It is 11.45 p.m. on Christmas day. We've had a great one. It all started with Swedish pancakes at our associate pastor's house with his parents...it was great. Then a fun and wonderful gift exchange. Doug received a trip to Ireland from me. He and Chris (our associate pastor) will go together in March, something they've been wanting to do for awhile. My adorable and thoughtful husband gave me a hot air balloon ride over Stockholm! Can't wait until next summer when we'll get to do that. I've always wanted to do it and now I will get to! Then we needed to kick it into high gear to get ready for our Open House. When all was said and done, a mountain of food had been consumed by over 100 guests! It was a full on mob scene this year and such great fun! People just kept streaming in and it was so neat to hear the chatter and laughter radiating throughout our home.
We are tired, but happy. The gift of Christmas is how great it is to give! Thanks for checking in on a daily basis. It's been a good journey for me and I hope for you too, dear reader.
I hope you have had a very Merry Christmas and that the extraordinary love of God has been revealed to you in a clear manner this Christmas.
Only 10 more minutes and Christmas day ends. I'm ready for bed now but I am happy and thankful for the good news of great joy, that a child has been given and his name is Christ is Lord. Hallelujah and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment